Thursday, May 1, 2014

Further Adventures in Indexing while Editing

While looking at another of my images, it occurred to me that another item was lacking in our guideline for Player Names: specifically, the ability to use identification acquired in related images to serve in an image in which the identification may be made.

The reason I mention it is that this image is clearly the companion-piece to the image I discussed in my last post, occuring moments apart (as confirmed by timestamp). The reason this is relevant to my last post is that in the earlier image in the sequence,  a player obscured in the later image is visible, and the helmet the ball carrier (I think? He seems to be the focal point of the images.) had lost is so rotated in the air that his number may be ascertained. As such, I am adding a line to clarify that helmets do not have to currently be on the player's head to be used for identification, should a better source of identification be lacking. I'll also be adding to the guideline that where relational data may be ascertained, identification in any of the related images is sufficient for identification in the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment