Friday, May 2, 2014

EAD Resources part 1: Two Great Best Practices Guides.

As I mentioned during my presentation on it, EAD is a very important schema to know if you're going to have direct contact with archival repositories in the future. Given that, I would like to take the time to make a number of posts laying out more information about EAD than I was able to during the 10-minute presentation. This series of posts will likely end up continuing well into the Summer, as I intend to use them as an opportunity to learn more in-depth information about EAD myself.

Given that preface, I'd like to start the series off with the point where I really felt like I first started understanding EAD at all, the two best-practices guides for EAD Version 2002 published by the Online Archive of California and the Research Libraries Group.

OAC guide: http://www.cdlib.org/services/access_publishing/dsc/contribute/docs/oacbpgead_v2-0.pdf

RLG guide: http://www.oclc.org/content/dam/research/activities/ead/bpg.pdf?urlm=161431

No comments:

Post a Comment